The Agora Grand Event Center is an all-inclusive luxury wedding venue in central-southern Maine, perfect for an elegant destination wedding. Created from a former church, the Agora Grand offers modern amenities infused in the traditional, historic ambiance of a beautiful New England church. Reduce the stress of planning your wedding from a distance by taking advantage of all it has to offer.
1. The Grand Reception Hall
Besides offering incredible views and plenty of space for 80-350 guests, the Reception Hall offers a variety of amenities that will save you thousands of dollars in potential rentals:
- One-of-a-kind custom WindowGlow™ and uplighting, programmable to match your chosen wedding colors. Not only is this incredible lighting unavailable in any other venue, but renting custom uplighting could cost upward of $1000.
- State-of-the-art sound system, allowing your DJ plug-and-play access. You can save a couple hundred dollars in the added cost of renting amplifiers and speakers.
- Projector and large screen to allow you to show your favorite photos in a slide show! The screen is optional … alternatively, you can use the ornate canopy for your sweetheart table or as the ideal location for your wedding cake.
- Handicap access and elevator, allowing your disabled or elderly guests complete access to your wedding reception.
- Large built-in dance floor, saving you hundreds of dollars on a rental.
2. The Traditional Chapel
Our beautiful chapel, surrounded by original stained glass windows and seating up to 200 guests, provides an elegant backdrop to your wedding ceremony. It is connected to the Reception Hall by a short hallway, allowing your guests to proceed to your reception without having to go outside. If you have a wedding larger than 200, we can arrange both the ceremony and reception in the Reception Hall, and the chapel could instead be used for several other purposes:
- Gathering area for the wedding party
- Hair and make-up area for the ladies
- Play area for the children
- Rehearsal dinner location… We’ll set up the tables and you can have a local restaurant cater your rehearsal dinner right on site!
3. Luxury Balcony Lounge and Honeymoon Suite.
With two levels on the former choir balcony and located just under the magnificent and fully restored rose window, the Balcony Lounge can be used for several purposes:
- Dressing and preparation area for some of the wedding party
- The bride’s personal relaxing and pampering area, complete with whirlpool hot tub
- Lounging area for the wedding party immediately before or after the ceremony
- Rehearsal dinner location with sweeping views and a luxurious ambiance
- A special place for you and your betrothed to connect after the reception has finally ended
4. Other amenities
Our wedding packages include a variety of other amenities that make the Agora Grand Event Center your ideal luxury wedding destination in Maine, including:
- Tables and chairs – no need to rent these at exorbitant prices!
- Dishes, flatware, and glasses – save hundreds of dollars by using our in-house set
- Plenty of on-site parking. No need to rent an expensive bus or trolley to take your guests to the parking lot … (We’re looking at you, Portland!)
- Extra time. With 12 hours instead of the typical 8-hour rental, you and your vendors will have plenty of time to prepare for the wedding.
- Insurance – no need to find your own expensive policy!
Finding the perfect wedding venue in a destination wedding can be difficult because of all the details involved. At the Agora Grand, we have just about everything covered so you can relax and enjoy the planning process. Be sure to take advantage of all this venue has to offer!
If you’ve already booked the Agora Grand, please let us know how we can help you take advantage of all our amenities. If you haven’t booked yet and want to check our availability or take a tour, please contact us.
Photos courtesy Rene Roy Photography